The great ancient Asian country called China, has in recent time become one of the most visited nations in the world. Beijing is the capital city of China, is also one of the most densely populated cities in the world. China is this populous and famous because of their recent massive developments in virtually all spheres of life, ranging from technological advancement, sports and entertainment, medicine, sciences and a rapid increasing economy.
The four historical great and ancient capitals of China are Beijing, Luo yang, Nanjing, and Xi’an. They have pulled large number of tourists from all over the world for different reasons either for business, research on cultures, visit to the ancient temples of China, for study, and a lot more.
Nigerians who hold the nations e-passport and intend to travel to China are required to apply for Chinese visa in order to be granted access into China for the reasons they wish to do so. However, for you to apply for the China visa, it is necessary that you first look out for your eligibility, to ensure that you do not waste cash and time applying for the wrong type of visa.
As you read along in this article, useful guide on how to apply for China visa in Nigeria, and necessary information about China visa will be discussed comprehensively.
What are the types of China visa?
China Study/X visa
There are two types of China X visas. X1 and X2. The former is a long term study visa usually more than 6 months while the later is a short term study visa which last 3 months.
It allows tourists into China usually for a period of 30 days. Although, this visa comes in single or multiple entry and also a duration of 3 years, depending on your nationality and impact in the country’s economy.
This allows foreigners from other countries to carry out trade and commercial activities in China for the period stipulated in the permit.
This covers for individuals from other countries who are invited to China to carry out study tour, exchanges and noncommercial activities in China.
The Chinese G visa covers for passengers or individuals who wish to briefly drop in China for a week or less before moving on to their final destination.
This is a family reunion visa that allows foreigners whose family are Chinese nationals or Chinese permanent residents to travel and live with their family in China.
This type of visa is issued to individuals from other countries who are going to China to seek a paid job or who already have one in China.
This covers for medical treatment in China or persons whose family are permanent Chinese residents who intend to visit for a confidential reason like marriage, adoption, and it likes. S1 visa is for a longer stay while S2 is for a short visit.
Permanent Residence /D visa
China is a heavily populated nation that doesn’t need permanent residents of foreigners. However, you will be granted a permanent residence in China, if your have lived in China for a period of 10 years, and have invested heavily such that it helps in boosting the Chinese economy.
Others types are the crew/C visa and journalist/J visas. Visit visaforchina.org or lagos.china-consulate.org for further information.
China visa application requirements
The China visa types discussed above have their unique doc. requirements, in order for you to apply and acquire your visa. Although, there are common and general documents for all the visa types which I will be sharing here.
1. Your national e-passport with a validity of at least 6 months and two blank pages they will bear the visa stamp.
2. Bank financial statement, showing your financial ability.
3. Former travel documents (if any)
4. A well filed out Chinese visa application form.
5. Recent passport photographs meeting the consulate requirements.
6. Health document cover.
7. Travel itinerary, showing your two way flight ticket, accommodation and other reservations.
8. Other supporting documents and details.
9. Receipt for paid visa fee.
China Visa Fee
The cost of China visa varies with the visa type and the country you are applying from, and or the country you come from. Also, the cost of visa varies on the ground of number of entries, whether a single or multiple entry visa. The cost of China visa ranges from around USD 30 to USD 90.
Here, the price for the number of entries are listed below.
– One year multiple entry visa is approximately $90, for express its $115, for rush application it’s $127.
– Six months multiple entry visa is approximately $60, for express application is $85, and rush application is $100.
– Double entry visa is approximately $45, for express application is approximately $70, rush application is $85.
– Single entry visa is approximately $30, express application is $55 and rush application is $70.
Where to apply for China visa
The two China VAC in Nigeria are;
. Plot 472, A O Cadestral zone, constitution avenue, Central Business District, Abuja. Nigeria.
. Church gate towers, pc 30, church gate street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Nigeria.
Reasons for Visa Denial
– Wrong and incorrect supplied information about yourself.
– Applicants with rare and contagious health issue.
– Wrong photo size and specifications.
– Persons who work in the media, military or religious institutions.
– Applicants from waring or politically unstable country.
– Applicants who was blacklisted in their country or other countries.
– Incorrect provision of required documents displayed on the checklist.
How to Apply for China Visa
Applying for the Chinese visa requires you to fill out the visa application form, with your passport photograph appended on it. Gather every necessary documents that you will need to submit at the Chinese embassy in Lagos, Nigeria.
Here is a guide that will help you in the visa application process.
1. Check your eligibility
This involves checking the required documents and ensuring that you have them or easy to gather. It also involves knowing the type of visa you should apply for, and the reason you wish to visit the country.
2. Get all the needed documents together and the supporting documents.
3. Pay your visa application fee and other charges attached.
4. Present all the necessary documents at the consulate in Lagos.
5. You will get a notification when your visa is ready.
With this guide provided here, I believe it Will be much easier for you to apply for your China visa in Nigeria without much stress.
We don’t render visa application service, nor are we affiliated to one yet. Therefore, to apply for your China visa, consult the China-Nigeria embassy in Lagos with the address provided above.
Thanks for reading.
Kindly share this information with friends.