Malaysia is a South Eastern Asian country with great beauty such as large sky scrappers(Petronas), rich and diverse cultural practices, beaches and lots of other nice places.
Malaysia whose capital is Kuala Lumpur, is made up of two federal territories and eleven states, with Malay as their official language and also the Malaysian English. The beautiful cultural heritage, influence, commerce and scenic attractions, visitors are presented with large offers.
Since this South East Asian country is one of the most visited nations in the world, visa application is required for countries who are not on the waiver program, of which Nigeria is not included. Therefore, as a Nigerian-Malaysian visa applicants.
The step by step guide, and information provided in this article will be of a great benefit to you, on Malaysia Visa application in Nigeria. This article will help you know the vital documents required for Malaysia Visa Application.
Classes of Malaysian visa
There are basically two classes of Malaysian visa that are available, they include;
1. Visa With Reference (VWR)
The Malaysia Visa with reference is the is Class of visa that is approved by the immigration department of Malaysia. It is issued to visa applicants who are business men, trades people and investors who intend to invest or execute business deal in the country.
Requirements for Malaysia Visa with Reference
This visa is issued to applicants by the general Malaysian consulate in Nigeria, one the visa application has been approved by the Malaysia immigration department.
. Original and photocopies of your approved letter from the department of immigration.
. Your valid international passport with at least 6 month validity and two blank pages for visa stamps.
. Your Malaysia Visa application form.
. Evidence of payment.
. Two recent passport photographs.
. Travel itinerary, two way flight ticket and reservations.
2. Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
This Malaysia class is visa is issued to applicants by the Malaysian mission in Nigeria. It covers for tourists or foreigners who wish to visit Malaysia to study, visit family or relatives, and stay for a holiday.
Requirements for Malaysia Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
. Bank statement of finance.
. Your valid Nigeria passport with at least 6 months validity and two blank pages to bear visa stamp.
. Your correctly filled out Malaysia visa application form with two photocopies.
. Evidence of introduction or invite letter from institution or family.
. Two recent passport photographs.
. Copies of your return ticket and reservation.
Types of Malaysia visa
The Malaysia visa is classified into the VWTR and VWR as discussed above. However, there are different types of Malaysian visa you can apply for. They are;
– Tourists Visa
This type of Malaysia Visa is issued to applicant who wish to visit Malaysia for tourism. Foreigners who intend to visit the country for fun, research purpose and similar reasons should pick the Malaysia tourist visa.
– Study Visa
This covers for foreigners from other countries who intend to study and further their education in the country of Malaysia. The duration of this visa is in accordance with the letter sent from the intended institution of study you apply. Though You can also extend your visa, if need be.
– Transit Visa
The Malaysia transit visa is issued to travelers or passengers who wish to stop over in Malaysia for a couple of days before sojourning to their final destination.
– Family Visa
This is for persons whose relatives or partners/family are nationals or permanent residents of the country, who wish to join their family in the country.
General Requirements for Malaysia Visa Application
Every visa type require their unique documents and processes. Although, there are general required documents that all visa type must meet appropriately before visa application. Here are the general requirements.
1. Your valid Nigeria immigration passport with at least 6 months validity and at least two blank spaces for visa stamps.
2. The Malaysia visa application form (form IMM.47) correctly filled out.
3. Recent passport photographs meeting the consulate requirements by size and background.
4. Payment receipt for visa fee.
5. Your bank financial statement.
6.Your health insurance cover.
7. Hotel bookings and reservations.
8. Travel itinerary and return flight ticket.
Malaysia Visa Processing Time and Costs
The Malaysia Visa Application process is usually cheap easy to process and can be obtained in a short period.
Here are the processing time and costs of acquiring a Malaysia permit.
– Standard Time
Processing the Malaysia visa is usually easy and a fast process. This standard time, requires applicants to pay an approximate visa fee of $60. It can take a day or two to have the visa processed.
– Express Time
This route can also be taken if you have urgent need for your visa. Although, it is higher in price compared to the standard time application. This takes a day or less than it to have your visa. It is cost at an approximate fee of $90.
– Rush Time
Peradventure, you need your Malaysia Visa in a few hours, the rush hour package is available. With this, you can have your visa in few hours. However, the cost is higher than the express and its charged at approximately $110.
How to Apply for Malaysia Visa in Nigeria
1. Ensure you have gone through the checklist to know the visa type, and requirements you will need to provide for the type of visa you wish to apply for.
2. Fill out the (firm IMM.47) visa application form correctly and append your passport photograph to it. (check the Malaysia Visa Application website to download your form).
3. Put all the required documents for your visa type together.
4. Make your visa payment as directed by the consulate.
5. Once you have done all these, submit your application at the Malaysian VAC in Abuja at 4A, plot 2232B, Rio Negro close, off Yedseram street, maitama, Abuja. Nigeria. Or at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Track your visa application using the tracking number, TN that will be given to you at the embassy.
7. An email will be sent to you once your visa is ready. Then pick it up at the same address above with your original receipt.
I hope this guide helps you in achieving your dream of traveling to Malaysia from Nigeria.
Your views, and comments are welcome.
Kindly share if you find the content of this article useful.
Thanks for reading.