Check out how Germany visa application in Nigeria is done in this post.
Taking international trips has been so fun filling and educating. However, this venture has never been so easy and totally free, especially when you are the one paying the bills and seeing to the necessary required processes.
Also Read: Malaysian Visa Application In Nigeria
About Germany visa
For nationals from the schengen zones, it is usually a free visa process and entry within, in and out of the nations that make up the zones as established in 1985 of the schengen agreement. Although, it is not the same for all other countries not captured within this zones, as Nigeria happens not to be on the list.
Here, in this post, I will discuss all the necessary things, requirements and processes you need to know as a citizen of a county not included in the schengen nations, especially for Nigerians who wish to apply for Germany visa. But first, let’s take a quick look at Germany visa types.
Types of Germany visa
There are different visa type for different travel purposes when visiting Germany. For visit trips, work, study, business or permanent residence in Germany, you will have to apply for the schengen visa type to suit such travel purpose.
- Job seekers visa
This type of visa makes allow to foreigners who hold this permit to travel to Germany in order to seek for job. It is issued to people whose intention is to seek for job in Germany.
- Tourist visa
This visa as it implies, are issued on the ground that the possessor wish to travel to Germany for tourism (to tour and experience the culture and environment of Germany) or to pay visit to family members or relatives living in the country.
- Business visa
As the name suggest, it is a visa issued on business ground, that the holder is coming into the country for business establishment or other business related purpose usually longer than 90 days.
- Study visa
This type of visa are for foreign students who wish to learn and further their education in Germany usually for a period of time longer than three months.
- Medical treatment visa
This type of Germany visa, permits foreigners with different medical issues and illness to come into the country in order to seek for treatment and medical attention.
- Family reunion visa
This permit covers for a family reunion. It is for a person(s) whose family members are of German nationality, or residing in the country, and intend to come and reunite with their family in Germany.
- Working visa
Holders of this kind of visa are issued to people who have been offered job in Germany. It is a kind of invite visa from companies in Germany to foreigners to come over for an already secured job offer.
- Transit visa
This is a type of visa granted to third world countries, to allow them passage for a short time through Germany to their final destination.
- Internship visa
This kind of visa gives opportunity to third world nationals to attend an internship or training program in the country, usually for a period of time.
- Exhibition and trade fair visa
This visa permits foreigners who are coming into the country to take part in exhibition and trade fair programs in the country.
- Guest scientist visa
This allows scientists or researchers who have been invited into the country by a research or science institute to conduct a research or particular study.
- Visas for people who wish to visit Germany for religious events, sports, cultural and film making purposes
Where to apply for Germany visa in Nigeria
There are two places in Nigeria where applicants who wish to apply for Germany visa are to look out for. There are:
– The general consulate of Germany in Lagos with address: 15, Walter Carrington crescent, VI. Lagos. Nigeria.
Applicants seeking for Germany visa are to apply in person, at the general embassy of Germany in Lagos, Nigeria.
– The Germany embassy in Abuja with address : 9, lake Maracaibo close, maitama. Abuja. Nigeria.
This embassy issues Germany visa on exceptional cases.
Germany visa requirements
There are different requirements for the different types of Germany visa. However, there are general documents and requirements that must be met by applicants seeking for Germany visa. These requirements by the consulate to the applicants should be properly provided and well fulfilled in order to avoid being rejected at the embassy before or during interview. Although, there is usually an update of checklist for the visa requirements on the different visa type at the embassy in each country.
Here are the requirements.
- Germany visa application form
- A valid international passport with at least two blank pages and validity of at least 180 days.
- Two clear recent passport photographs with bright background.
- Your bank statement, stating your financial capacity of at least 6 months will be required.
- Paid return flight ticket, travel and hotel reservations, and documents showing what you intend to do in Germany.
- A valid document showing the status of your travel health insurance cover and also showing repatriation for death case.
- Some other documents will be needed depending on your nationality and the consulate of Germany in your country.
Cost of Germany visa
The Germany visa fee varies with respect to the type of visa you apply for(reason for travel). However, the visa fee for children below the age of 6 and citizens captured within the schengen zone is free, except on special cases.
See also. Dubai visa application
The short term visa known as C-visa is cost at sixty euro(€60), the long term visa known as D-visa is cost at seventy five euro(€75), for children between 6-12 pay the fee of thirty-five euro(€35) for a short term, while for long term, all children below the age 18 pay €37.50. The equivalent of the fee in euro is payable in naira(NGN)
Germany visa application process in Nigeria
Applying for Germany visa in Nigeria requires a meticulous approach especially in filing out the visa form. However, I will lead you on the right steps to follow as you read to the end.
- Confidently approach the German consulate in Lagos via the address provided above and ask for the checklist (containing required documents) for the type of visa you wish to apply.
- Carefully fill out the visa forms given to you with the appropriate information.
- Get the copies of the documents needed for your visa choice with the original copies as shown on the checklist.
- Schedule an interview with the earliest period of three months at the German embassy in your country prior to your trip.
- Make payment for the type of visa you wish and ensure to have a copy of the payment slip or transaction as an evidence of payment on interview date.
- Be at the embassy very early on the set date of the interview with all required documents well and neatly arranged in the order shown on the checklist.
Your documents will be carefully scrutinized by the consulate officer, followed by some few sensitive questions.
Available jobs in Germany
Here are available jobs in Germany you may wish to apply for at totaljobs.com.
- RF design engineer pays around €65000/year.
- Head Chinese chef at airline and event catering €60541.87/year.
- Antena engineer €85000/year.
- Thai speciality chef at airline and event catering company €47400/year.
- Sales director EMEA-CMOS(m/w/d) €160000/year.
- Project manager €90000/year.
The content of this article, Germany visa application is an attempt to inform the audience on steps mostly likely to be faced when applying for Germany visa.
Therefore, we hold no claim that the facts provided here are as exactly as required by the embassy and as such, we employ applicants to further contact the Germany embassy in Lagos for recent updated information.
Thank you for reading.