Searching online for information regarding NIKE Internships? This article is for you. This guide features the salary, acceptance rate, application requirements and interview of NIKE internship. Read on!
NIKE is an American multi-national corporation that focuses in the design, manufacturing, development and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, equipment, apparel, accessories, and services. The headquarter of the company is situated near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area.
NIKE is the largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel in the world with about US$37.4 billion revenue in its fiscal year 2020 (ending 31st of May, 2020). They also manufacturer sports equipment.
As of 2020, the company employed 76,700 people worldwide. The brand alone was valued in excess of $32 billion in 2020, making it the most worthy brand among sports businesses.
Previously, the NIKE brand was valued at about $29.6 billion. NIKE ranked 89th out of 500 in the 2018 Fortune list of the largest U.S. corporations by total revenue.
The NIKE internship program is a valuable talent pipeline for the company. The company continue to invest in providing a world class experience for students doing internship.
Their interns work on important projects that are part of the business road map, and are exposed to different teams which is a major part of their community.
NIKE summer programming provides a means to leadership and professional growth workshops to acquire meaningful career experience.
NIKE Internship Salary
The salary of interns at NIKE, Inc. differs by department. However, according to research, a software engineer interns at Nike earns US$45 per hour.
NIKE Internship Acceptance Rate
Nike Internship Acceptance Rate is not a public information, but it is important to note that, obtaining employment at NIKE, Inc. is not as easy as many people would hope. It’s a destination career, where a lot of people are willing to change their location just to work with the company.
NIKE internship offers 10 open positions as follows:
- Undergraduate Store Design Internship
- Undergraduate Project Management Internship
- The Undergraduate Design Internship
- Undergraduate Quality Engineering Internship
- Graduate Connected Marketplace Internship
- Data Engineer
- Talent Acquisition Director university Relations
- Marketplace Planning & Analytics Intern
- Talent Acquisition Manager
- Summer Internship
Application Requirements And Qualifications
The requirements of the NIKE Undergraduate Internship are as follows:
Undergraduate Store Design Internship
- Applicant must be a full-time college or university student in their junior or senior year majoring in one of the following fields: Environmental Design, Architecture, Interior Design, and/or Experience Design.
- Applicant must have preferably 2 years of experience. Environments experience/Retail design industry preferred; retail environments, fixture design, concepts and programs.
- The Applicant must have Knowledge of computer systems (ACAD, Enscape, SketchUp), knowledge of design processes, Ability to sketch design ideas and visually communicate concept development thoughts ideation.
- Applicant must have a strong oral and written communications skills including presentations and meeting facilitation. Provide a proof of ability to effectively communicate concepts/design intent to senior creative team.
- Applicant must have the ability to develop relationships across teams, geographies and functions.
Portfolio Submissions Guidelines:
- To be eligible, all applicants must submit a portfolio and a resume. NIKE recommend that you include a URL to a portfolio website on your resume. However, if your portfolio is not online, you will be reached, to collect a digital copy.
- Competitive portfolios will include examples of inspiration, storytelling and concept development in addition to finished products/designs.
Undergraduate Project Management Internship
- Applicant must be a full-time college student in their junior or senior year majoring in one of the following fields: Design (Industrial, Architectural, etc) Marketing, Business Operations, or a related field.
- Applicant must have preferably 2 years of experience. Retail industry experience; retail environments and programs (construction/installations, store design, fixtures & fittings, consumer services)
- The Applicant must have the ability to work independently with minimum guidance as well as effectively work together with Senior Program Management, Geography, Design and Nike business partners, vendors/manufacturers
- Applicant must have a very good written and verbal communication skills
- Applicant must have a very good negotiation and influencing skills
- Entrants must have an excellent organizational skills with ability to pro-actively solve complex problems.
Undergraduate Design Internship
- Applicant must be a full-time college or university student in their junior or senior year majoring in one of the following fields: Textile, Apparel/Fashion, Product, Architecture design, Graphic Design or Product Design.
- Applicant must be very good at utilization of design programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite products.
- The Applicant must have an excellent communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Applicant must have the ability to organize thoughts and project details in a short period of time.
- Applicant must have a strong presentation skills.
- Entrants must have the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Undergraduate Quality Engineering Internship
- Applicant must currently be pursuing an Industrial or a Mechanical Engineering degree, or Material Science with an expected graduation of December 2022 or Spring 2023.
- Applicant must have a degree in Plastics Engineering.
- Entrants must have strong will to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Applicant must be experienced in a high volume and/or high mix manufacturing environment.
- Applicant must have the ability to assess data, analyze problems, use basic math and statistics, and deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities.
- Entrants must have the ability to handle multiple competing projects simultaneously.
- Applicant must have the knowledge of Six Sigma statistics tools and/or experience with statistical software.
- Applicant must be familiar with the 8D/RCA approach of data analysis skills & solving problems.
- The Applicant must have an excellent inter personal skills and be able to work with a team.
- Applicant must have an excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicant must be an energetic team player who is eager to learn.
- Entrants must have a knowledge of sporting goods products.
- Applicant must be passionate about Nike products and the consumer.
NIKE Internship Interview
Nike Internship Interviewers normally ask questions about a person’s backgrounds and professional experience, what the person has learnt from these experiences, and what they want to do.
Before attending a NIKE interview, you need to have some direction at least, be prepared to share 2 to 3 areas of interest. NIKE interviewers will always ask why the candidate is interested in the company. This is the part where you get to show that you’ve done your homework.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that seek interns that can work together as a team. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, a diverse and inclusive culture, casual work environment, and an electric atmosphere for professional development.
Was this information useful? Read similar posts recommended for you below
Borno State Scholarship: Requirements And How To Apply
HIGHEST PAYING JOBS IN NIGERIA
Best Online RN to BSN programs